Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Travelling - Can Change Your World

More than two years ago, I found myself in a situation where I was unhappy with the way my life was and did not know what the future will bring me. This scared me so that I made the decision to change something. I told myself if I do not start to change something nobody else will – everybody is responsible for his or her own life. I was not quite sure if this is really the right thing for me, but I knew that I had to do it in order to find it out.

So, I flew from Vienna to New York without knowing what to expect. I stayed there for the next 6 months, and took some classes at a University program. I met a lot of new people from around the world, and visited different places. This was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I found out that I could learn so many things from other cultures and countries. I started to see things from a different point of view and to understand some things better. But, I also found out more about myself – what I want, who I am, and what is important for me. At this point I started to see travelling as a great opportunity to learn. Especially to learn things you are not able to see on TV, read in textbooks, newspaper, or on the internet. In other words I discovered my desire for travelling. So during and after my time in New York I went also to visit Boston, Washington, Toronto, Miami, and New Orleans. I have also been to many places in Europe and traveled to Thailand, but at this time I was not aware of the things that other countries and cultures offer me.

Now I am studying in the United States, and after I am done with my study I want to visit many more places around the world. Two years ago, I did not see me as a person who travels around the world more as a person who is very strong connected to her family – which is true but now I know what I was missing in life – new challenges and the truth about the world.

2 comments:

  1. You're quite the traveler. Stay well and safe and welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,

    Waiting for you to blog again.

    ReplyDelete